Friday, January 29, 2010

TWRT 1.29.10

Beverage of the week: Schweppe’s Dry Grape Ginger Ale. OhMyGod so good!

Favorite person of the week: Brian, my co-blogger. Brian rules. Among other things he found and gifted me my new favorite linden fragrance. It's Bond No. 9 Eau de Noho (not Nuits de Noho). I had never heard of this before and it’s the most breathtakingly lovely linden perfume. It’s tenacious, too, something I have never found in a light & fresh linden fragrance before. Even if you aren’t crazy for linden like I am, you might give this a try if you’re looking for a fresh, green, floral for warm weather.

Brian and I split a bottle of Histoires de Parfums Tubereuse L’Animale. He just received it today. He loves it! Now I can say how much I love it’s ripe, murky, powdery, floralcy (where did I get ‘floralcy?’ was it NST commenters?). I find Tubereuse L’Animale wonderfully unique – a sweet, tobacco, hay, tuberose that’s to die for. I don’t detect much straight up leather but it’s certainly there doing something to everything else (!).

Confession: I love DK Cashmere Mist body wash and lotion. The fragrance is boring but the wash and lotion are fab for my hands. In fact, I got the Luxe (edp) edition of Cashmere Mist and these items were included as freebies. I might buy some when I run out.

I have 3 of the Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire and I really don’t get the hoopla. Gardenia Petale is nice. Orchidee Vanille is a sweet vanilla and Bois d’Iris is too sweet and smells of toner/ink. “Nice” means simply pleasant, agreeable, and not bad but surely doesn’t mean anything great to me.

A Scent, by Issey Miyake is surprisingly terrific. I love the galbanum burst and the mossy greenness throughout. It lasts, too. It reminds me slightly of Liz Zorn’s Green Oakmoss (Soivohle’)Above pic are my current favorite earrings. I bought these for myself as a holiday gift. I absolutely love this shop on etsy, called The Jewelry Bar. Their prices are so reasonable and the jewelry looks just as pretty once received.

I’ve noticed I tend to have the same taste in fragrance as The Non-Blonde. So she mentioned that Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille was good so I promptly bought some. It is good. I really like it and it’s actually a nice warm floral for winter, even though it’s light. Although, I can’t help but want to don a perfumer’s hat and blend in a little heliotrope and mimosa. That would be a sublime fragrance, prominent notes of ylang, mimosa, heliotrope and vanilla. Is there anything out there like this? Fluffy, sweet, delicate with a twinge of green.

I've been collecting the Annick Goutal limited edition butterfly bottles lately. I have a few beauties - some are hand painted. My favorite is Ambre Fetiche. But, I just want to shout out to Annick Goutal and ask why she doesn't create more limited edition flacons, perhaps for more of her scents. I can imagine a beautiful one for La Violette.

Have a great weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Bryan said...

I LOVE the tubereuse trilogy from Histoire de Parfums. I think l'Animale is my favorite, which I thought would be my least. I think I was worried that the other notes would overshadow my favorite blossoms, but nope, they just enhance the effect. The other two are just as lovely and I mix 'em frequently. I'm so happy you two love it too.
Thanks for the lovely blog, it's a favorite of mine.
ok, how many times can I write "favorite"?

rebella said...

I just happen to wear Tubereuse Animale today. It´s incredible, animalic, buttery, sparkling and soft and... well, you know.

+ Q Perfume Blog said...

Lovely post! I missed this blog!!!

Aimée L'Ondée said...

ohmigosh, I think Tubereuse Animale is something I neeeed to try, now! what's a weekend without a new lemming... sheesh, thanks!

Mals86 said...

I'm imagining a LE bottle for La Violette... ooh.

dk said...

Hey, I was just at Saks yesterday and they told me that Eau de Noho was being discontinued? Do you know if that is true?

Abigail said...

dk,
oh, gawwwwwd. if eau de noho is being dc'ed this means i have to buy a back-up bottle. all these back-ups are getting crazy expensive!
this would be such a shame - it's one of the prettiest bond's.

dk said...

Abigail,

Still need to confirm this. I really hope the SA was confused. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I think it is so beautiful and lasts really well.