Saturday, December 6, 2008
Five Fragrances for the Holidays
These are the perfumes I’m thinking of wearing this holiday season. I stay away from anything floral because I think big florals compete with the natural aroma of holiday festivities. Also, I prefer to wear scents which have sparkling & effervescent qualities.
Without further adieux, here are the five fragrances I’ll (most likely if I don’t change my mind) be wearing this year:
1. Let’s get this one over with. Angel Innocent. If you ever thought I had any taste in perfume your mind has changed now. But, here me out - Angel Innocent is a beautiful scent. Angel Innocent is similar to Angel but lighter, both in sillage and notes. Where Angel is dense and patchouli-heavy, Innocent is airy and just dances about you. Innocent has a decidedly sparkling, spicy and effervescent quality that reminds me of Christmas and holiday entertaining.
2. Chanel No. 22 seems perfect for any formal affair but especially around the holidays. It’s elegant, sophisticated and also quite sparkling.
3. Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir is a scent I love to wear in December and January. The slightly tangy pomegranate note blended with spices, woods, and, again, an effervescent & sparkling quality makes this perfect for nearly everything holiday related. Pomegranate Noir is wonderfully dry and one of the most tenacious in the Jo Malone line.
4. Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque – need I say more? Lounging by the fire, cooking and hanging out with family – Fumerie Turque is perfect this time of year.
5. Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, is, as the name suggests another sparkling and effervescent scent. Champagne de Bois is a gorgeous woods & spice scent that is relatively neutral (won’t bother others and easily worn around food) while still being a scent that will have your nose glued to your wrist.
Anyone else care to share their favorite holiday fragrances?