Thursday, December 23, 2010

Jean Patou Bottle Winner



Ladies and gents, the winner is Tamara J. Please get in touch with me by email, Tamara.

After Christmas, I'll be drawing four or five more names as part of a film project involving perfume. I'll announce the names and the project during my recovery from fruitcake, pudding, pumpkin cheesecake, Biscotti, egg nog, pecan sandies, and red velvet cupcakes.

A note about my drawing protocol, in case you are wondering. What I do is, I cut up little bits of paper. I then write the name of each commenter on his or her own individual piece. I then fold them exactly two times. I then chew them. I then take a straw, and shoot each balled up glob of goo at the ceiling. Voila! Whichever drops to the floor first is the happy winner.

11 comments:

Tamara*J said...

Yay! My spit filled name was the chosen one :D

THANK YOU BOO<3

ScentScelf said...

Hmm. I rather envy your selection process, as it makes my toaster tongs in the urn seem positively...sterile.

;)

Congrats to Tamara J!

And, really, a big tease going into the holiday? My, my, my. Fine. Film at...2011?

Brian said...

Congrats, Tamara! I ad trouble reading the name at first but I dried the paper out with a blow dryer.

Scent, I've learned my lesson about announcing things before I'm sure I can do them, but all these stories inspired me and I'd like to do something inspired by THEM.

Brian said...

clearly, I'm 'aving trouble spelling today, too.

Angela Cox said...

Congratulations Tamara , hope you didn't react like the girl in the video !

Vintage Lady said...

Congrats Tamara, lucky girl:-) Merry Christmas!

Nina Zolotow said...

Now I'm so curious about your film....

elizabeth said...

hahahaha! Congrats, Tamara!

Unknown said...

Brian or Abigail, I was wondering if you had posted anything in this blog about storage of perfumes? Methods, if any work better than the other, etc. If so, could you please direct me to that post and if not, could you talk a little bit about the way you store your perfumes? Inquiring minds!!! Thanks, hope y'all had a great holiday!

Tania said...

Congrats, Tamara! And happy New Year! I hope you love 1000.

Brian, happy New Year!!! too - & what are pecan sandies? I could google them, but I bet I'd like your description better.... :-)

Abigail, if you read this, I hope you had a lovely Christmas, and best wishes for a great New Year!

Brian said...

Hi Tania,

Pecan sandies are delicious. They're also known as wedding cookies. They're crumbly, covered in powdered sugar. They include:

1 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar (white)
2 tsp. water
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 c. chopped pecans

One cup butter!? Oh my.