Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Few Things I'm Looking Forward To, Though I Should Probably Know Better By Now



Maitre Parfumeur et Ganteur has released Ambre Dore, which seems to be (might be?) a re-release of Soir d'Orient, a hard to find fragrance which was once in limited release then seemed to disappear. Soir was spoken about mostly lovingly on Make-up Alley and Basenotes as an ambery leather. Ambre Dore lists styrax resin, saffron, coriander, myrrh, and vetiver in addition to oud and ambergris. Hopefully, if it is a re-release, it hasn't been reformulated out of recognition, though I wouldn't know, not having smelled Soir.

In October, Mugler is releasing leather versions of Angel, A-Men, Womanity, and Alien, and I'm hopeful about those too. I wasn't thrilled with the Taste of Fragrance versions of these scents last year, but the liqueur series remains a favorite and produced two heavy rotation pleasures for me with its remixes of Alien and Angel.

I'm less excited about Agent Provocateur's Petale Noir, but more enthused about it, certainly than Coco Noir, advance news of which sounds reliably grim.

Please be good.

2 comments:

Blacknall Allen said...

Briefly smelled Soir d'Orient a couple of Years ago and if this new release is a re-do then it'll be worth it. A lighter more ethereal amber is what I recall, and when are ambers ever ethereal?
Also saw your blog on the StyleList top picks! Yay, they have good taste.

Brian said...

Hey Blacknall! Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't seen the StyleList post. Whee.

Yet another person who's smelled Soir and liked it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Dore.