Friday, October 21, 2011

TWRT 10.21.11


This week's random thoughts ~

I’m loving the new creepy show on FX Wednesday nights: American Horror Story.  If you like gory, disturbing stuff check it out.

I already reviewed Love, Chloe Eau Intense and told you how much I love it. The oddball thing I’ve been doing the past few days is wearing both Love, Chloe and Eau Intense at the same time.  One on each wrist.  Somehow sniffing one makes me miss the other so I wear both.  Only a crazed perfume nut would understand this behavior.

I’ve made this pumpkin bread twice now and it’s beyond delicious.  One thing I add is homemade icing drizzled across the top once the bread cools a bit.  Icing is a cinch to make; confectioners sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract , milk and my secret weapon is some sea salt.  Of course this pumpkin bread is a giant splurge as I have been low-carbing for about 10 months now.
Tom Ford Violet Blonde has continued to intrigue me.  I’ve worn it twice since my review last week.  This is something I plan to start documenting.  How often do I actually wear the fragrances I review positively?  Do I like them enough for a review and then forget about them or do I actually wear them again?  So far, Violet Blonde has held my interest.

I completely do not understand fantasy football.  I don’t even understand real football so I suppose there was little chance I’d get it.

I ordered Llamasqua Freak yesterday (one for me, one for The Posh Peasant).  I desperately hope the bottle lives up to the online photos of it.  If it’s as adorable/quirky as I hope it will make my younger goth self happy.

The Wild Marinated Soy Ginger Cod fillets from Trader Joe’s are excellent.  

I use Splenda in coffee all the time.  I prefer Splenda over sugar.  But I can only use sugar for tea.  Splenda ruins tea.  Unless it's iced tea. 

I’m devastated about all those beautiful animals being killed from the Ohio zoo.  I can’t even think about it.

I’m trying to decide if I should buy more Decleor Aromessence Rose d’Orient Sensitive Skin Soothing Serum.  I don’t think it actually does anything for the price.  But it feels and smells so good when I use it.  It gives me the sensation that I’ve just had a facial.

Please, please, please let Kristen Wiig make another “Bridesmaids-esque” type of movie.  It’s about time women are lead roles in riotously funny yet crude, goofy and heartfelt films.  I still laugh every time I think of Melissa McCarthy’s scenes.  Hollywood: please make one of these for every lame romcom that comes out.

Seriously, what is better than crisp fall weather?

Have a great weekend ya'll!

5 comments:

Undina said...

I really like this bottle - please let us know what you think about it when you have it in your hands. And how it smells as well (though it will be a miracle if both a bottle and a juice are worth buying).

Have a great weekend!

Abigail said...

Undina,
It's so true. Most of the time all the effort and quality is either put into one or the other: bottle vs. juice. But I did end up liking Balenciaga Paris and that is a lovely bottle.
Fingers crossed for Freak!

annemariec said...

Three cups of sugar in that pumpkin bread? Seriously?

I'm from Australia where there is very little tradition of using pumpkin in a sweet way. People make pumpkin bread, but it is usually savoury and is eaten with butter. Still, your recipe did remind me that I have a cake recipe book with few recipes using pumpkin. One is for pumpkin bread sweetened with honey, and I think I'll give it a go, and perhaps add some extra spices, as this recipe only calls for cinnamon.

One thing is certain: I have never seen canned pumpkin puree. Australian recipes require you to cook and mash fresh pumpkin, or grate it and cook it from raw.

Thanks for the post!

Abigail said...

annemariec,

Well, it's not technically 'bread' but rather 'cake.' The 3 c. sugar are also because this recipe makes a large serving -- 3 loaf tins. But, yes, this is a sweet breakfast or a full-fledged dessert.

There is lots more than just cinnamon -- the recipe includes nutmeg, ginger, cloves as well as cinnamon and I also use allspice. It's wonderfully spicy.

Abigail said...

Anon,
It's still "like very much" with the TF Violet Blonde. This could evolve into love but I'm not completely crazy about it yet.